Great Yarns and Yarns etc… will be closed Saturday, July 2nd through Monday, July 4th. We hope you enjoy a lovely holiday weekend!
Great Yarns’ Summer of Hats Extravaganza!!!
We love all of our wonderful customers at Great Yarns! We want to challenge you, keep you knitting and/or crocheting, and make sure you feel the accomplishment and enjoyment that your stitching deserves. That’s why we are hosting our Hat Extravaganza KAL and CAL this summer!
This program is very flexible and fun…..and designed to teach you new things with projects that are quick, portable, and might just make great holiday gifts! Here’s how it works:
- We will feature different knitted or crocheted hats each week
- Projects are skill-builders. We’ll start with the simple and move to the more complicated, so you can learn as you go!
- Already comfortable with a technique? Pick a different one to try! You can join at any time, and make as many of a particular kind of hat as you want. It’s up to you!
- Skills will be gathered from a variety of styles and shapes:
Basic Beginner Hats
Crochet Lace Sun Hats
- Most patterns are free, either on Ravelry or written by our staff. Samples are in the store and we’ll give you links and help you select the appropriate yarn and needles.
- Of course, all of us will be available to help you master your new skills. There is no fee to participate; simply drop in, and we’ll help you with questions and new stitches.
The KAL/CAL will run through August. Purchase supplies from Great Yarns, bring in your completed hats, and we’ll enter you in drawings for terrific prizes that will be just what you need for your fall knitting and crocheting.
Want to learn, but you don’t wear hats? Don’t let that stop you from joining the fun! We’ll have a Donation Station where you can give your completed hats to charity.
We hope to see you soon!
Yarns etc… has moved!!
just around the block to Mariakakis Plaza.
1322 Fordham Blvd, Suite 4
We have been in the new digs for about a month now, and people just keep telling us how much they like the cozy new feel and the easy parking. Come see for yourself and tell all your friends where to find us!
To get to the new space from the old one, 99 S Elliott Rd:
Head right on S Elliott Rd, turn Right onto E Franklin St.
Go through the light at Eastgate Plaza, (or turn Right and drive through Eastgate Shopping Plaza).
Turn right onto the service road. Our shop will be on the right, just past Mariakakis Fine Food & Wine.